What I'm doing now
I'm settling into my new home in Corvallis, Oregon, where I live with my husband and three kids, aged 6.5 months, 3 years and 4.5 years.
This is me now:
- Settling into our new rental home in a new city and a new country (my home country the US); slowly acquiring furniture and lights while we await our shipment from Sweden; finding a new rhythm to our days after 2+ months of extended summer vacation, travel, and our international move.
- Trying to read: Justice: What's the Right Thing to Do? by Michael Sandel; Mink River by Brian Doyle. Watching the final season of Girls. Wanting to watch Captain Fantastic.
I'm currently feeling challenged by:
- Everything in my life. Like:
- Sorting out what's next for me professionally.
- And everything else.
I've been thinking about:
- Regret, and why I never learned to make hard choices or work harder—or, why I've given up rather than tackled difficult personal issues at various life stages.
- Getting a master's degree at Oregon State University, if we can figure out a financial path to make that viable in the future with two kids in daycare.
- What it means to live locally generally, and what that means in our new town.
- How strange it is that we ever lived in Sweden. It's like we were always here in Oregon.
Page created on December 27, 2016; last updated on September 27, 2017.